Hi everyone, in this video I am going to share with you some simple tips to help you achieve low back pain relief. Here are some key concepts that can help you manage your back pain or injury.
1. Load Sensitivity: Any position or activity that increases the load on the spine resulting in increased Low back pain or sciatica pain. Positions that increase the load on the spine are sitting, standing, walking, bending, etc. If these positions increase or aggravate the back pain or sciatica pain, then one must decrease the load on the spine by unloading or traction. The spine can be unloaded by lying down, using manual or mechanical traction, inversion tables, etc to give low back pain relief.
2. Stasis Sensitivity: Static positions increase low back pain or sciatica symptoms. Maintaining one position too long can increase the pain. Avoid staying in one position (sitting, standing or laying down) too long. Changing positions will help with low back pain relief.
3. Movement Sensitivity: Certain movements or amount of movement cause increased back pain. Avoid excessive movement and avoid aggravating movements. Rest would help with low back pain relief.
4. Flexion Bias: Back pain increases when the spine is flexed (such as in sitting, bending, etc.). Avoid bending the back for faster low back pain relief.
5. Extension Bias: Back pain increases when the spine is arched (such as in standing, laying on the stomach, etc.). Avoid arching the back for faster low back pain relief.
These are some simple tips to teach you how to manage you low back pain and sciatica pain to get faster low back pain relief. Hope you enjoyed this video.
Don’t forget to leave a comment or question.
Thank you for watching this video.
This video is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician, physical therapist or medical practitioner before starting any exercise program or trying any of the herbal products/recommendations mentioned in this video/article.
Click Here to Download the Transcript for this Video